Posts for tag: wound care
How your pediatricians in Greenwich, Connecticut can help your child heal
If your child suffers an injury, it can be a scary experience. You want your child to heal quickly and comfortably. The pediatricians at Riverside Pediatrics, LLC Dr. Karen Beckman, Dr. Alejandro Mones, and Dr. Beth Rosenberg use Dermabond, a specially formulated skin adhesive to close superficial wounds. They proudly serve the residents of Riverside, and Greenwich, Connecticut and they can help your child heal.
Dermabond can be used alone or in combination with sutures or staples. The addition of Dermabond has been clinically shown to:
- Increase holding strength for at least seven days by keeping tension away from the wound and redistributing it to the adjacent healthy tissue
- Provide a protective microbial barrier for at least 72 hours, to prevent infection from Staphylococcus and other bacteria
- Inhibit growth of both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria including E. Coli, MRSA, and MRSE
Patients also like Dermabond because:
- Dermabond protects immediately, so your child can shower right after the procedure, if your pediatrician advises it
- Dermabond is easier and less painful to remove than other skin closure methods
- Dermabond typically requires no dressing, so wound care is easier and less invasive
Dermabond has been rigorously tested for safety and effectiveness, and been in use for nearly 20 years. It’s the go-to skin adhesive for wounds related to surgery, accidents, or injuries and can help your child heal better, in far less time, and with far less risk of infection.
The pediatricians at Riverside Pediatrics, LLC also offer after-hours treatment with Dermabond, staples, or sutures if your child experiences a sudden injury.
Your child deserves the best in wound care, because you want your child to heal quickly, easily, and with minimal pain. Next time your child has an emergency and needs wound care, call the experts, your pediatricians at Riverside Pediatrics, LLC serving the residents of Riverside, and Greenwich, Connecticut. Call today to find out more!