BEAUTY COUNTER SKIN CARE PRODUCTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN OFFICE!
EXPERIENCE SAFER SKIN CARE FOR YOUR FAMILY!!
In following our mission to provide the most comprehensive care to our patients, Riverside Pediatrics has decided to make some of the safest and most effective products easily accessible in our office. While listening to parents, we have heard numerous concerns regarding the unsafe chemicals used in many of the baby cleansers, moisturizers, sunscreens and teen acne products traditionally recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians. Therefore, we have done our research to find a company that creates some of the safest products for our patients. We have started a relationship with Beauty Counter, a business whose mission is "to get safer products into the hands of everyone". They tirelessly work on the national level to advocate for greater transparency and regulation in the beauty industry. Riverside Pediatrics wants to support their mission, but just as importantly, give our patients access to safer products. For more information on the safety profiles of skin care products as reviewed by the Environmental Working Group, please visit https://ewg.org and click on "EWG's Skin Deep Guide to Cosmetics". We have also started working with NutraMetrix to offer vitamins with fewer binders and fillers as well as better absorption for the health of our patients.
SKIN CARE: We recommend: BEAUTY COUNTER https://www.beautycounter.com
While all of the products on the Beauty Counter website are great, there are a few items that we especiallly love for our patients who have specific conditions:
1) Cradle Cap: Baby Soothing Oil - Massage into baby's scalp prior to bed, then use baby brush to deflake scalp in the morning
2) Eczema: Baby Gentle All Over Wash, Baby Daily Protective Balm, Super-Duper Clean Kids Body Wash, Nice Do Kids Shampoo, Not A Knot Conditioner - Shampoo and conditioner ends up all over the skin and in bath water, so also needs to be mild
3) Diaper Rash: Baby Calming Diaper Rash Cream - We recommend using every diaper change to prevent rash as well as to treat rash.
4) Acne: Charcoal Cleansing Bar - Cleans out pores without overdrying. Stay tuned...more acne products coming soon!
5) Sun Protection: Protect stick Sunscreen SPF 30 Face and Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30. We like the stick for the face because it doesn't run into sensitive eyes.
Please check out the Beauty Counter website to learn about their mission and products or to make a purchase.
- The Doctors and Staff of Riverside Pediatrics, LLC